Wednesday 22 July 2009

Stampin' for the weekend


This week has been a sad one for us all as we had the funeral of Peter's dear brother Rob, Rest in Peace Rob. Today was my beautiful mums birthday, it started with mum feeling under the weather but by this afternoon she perked up, I hope soon they will start investigations to determine the cause of why she is feeling so poorly. My card this week is the one I made for her birthday today. The challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend was to take us all back to the 70’s and take some inspiration from the following song titles!
Tangled up in Blue – Bob Dylan
Three Times a Lady – The Commodores
Seasons in the Sun – Terry Jacks
I choose Tangled up in Blue (even though I too dont know this song) I chose Tangled up in Blue – Bob Dylan and dedicate it to my very special mum. I love you soooooo much xxxx

8 comments:

Kimmi said...

Awe Cathy, sorry to hear about your brother! I hope everyone is holding him dear and remembering him well!

Lovely card for your mum. Beautiful papers. Is that your mum in the photo? Lovely layout and I like the flowers and the ribbon!

Thank you for playing along with us at "Stampin' for the Weekend'. We hope you enjoyed making your card, and that you come back again next week!

Kimmi x

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful card, Cathy! I'm sure your mom will love it! Happy Birthday to her! I love the flowery paper and the flowers. So sorry to hear about your brother.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Amanda said...

Sorry to hear about your brother passing away. Your Mother will love your card you have done such a beautiful job. God Bless.
Amanda

Lynn said...

Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. It must be tremendously hard for your family, especially your mom. I know your beautiful card and the love that goes with it will be so uplifting to her. I truly hope she feels better, and you both will be in my prayers.

Donna said...

Lovely card Cathy. I'm sure your mum will love it, and I love the photo, and the flowers, it's a great interpretation on Tangled Up in Blue.
Thanks for taking part this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Sheila said...

Cathy your card is wonderful & I'm certain mum will love it too, gorgeous flowers and such a beautiful soft blue paper, sorry to hear about your brother.
Thansk for joining us this week on SFTW.
hugs
Sheila xx

Vicki said...

oh gosh Cathy, that is such sad news of your brother, I am so sorry to hear that.

You have created a wonderful card for your mum, I'm sure she will treasure this, what a beautiful picture of her. Such lovely subtle shades of blue too. Thank you for joining us with this weeks challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx

Nancy said...

Sorry to hear about your brother.
What a wonderful card:O) Gorgeous papers and flowers. She is going to love it!
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)