Wednesday 8 July 2009

Card for the Stampin for the weekend challenge 5





Well I managed to do the card for this weeks challenge, with things being a bit hectic this end I wondered if I would get time, well a managed to trash my front room in the process, to look at it now and the mess I made you'd think Id made 20 cards lol


The card is made with papers from the latest Designer Extreme II disc at Bearly Mine Designs

lots of yummy papers to fit any colour combination you choose..... very helpful to me as I have colour blindness with some shades !!! They are labelled yellows, blues, purples etc

The image is a stamped one kindly sent to me by my good friend Donna, thanks xx, I coloured with water colour pencils.

I had a bash at distressing .....but it got ME distresses rather than the image, I used water colour and some eye shadow from a pallette I dont use ( never let it be said that we cant improvise !!!) then found my chalks eventually (must have moved them when having a de-clutter) well between all those attempts it got distressed of a sort .... my inks are with my granddaughter who is busy with a project for school, I hope this is a technique I can improve on, fingers crossed.

The sentiment is computor generated.


The flowers are my first attempt with FredSheSaid flowers I really like the result, even though I dont cope too well with the fiddly cutting out ... I think the flowers just finished the card off nicely. I added a bit of sparkle to the petals and the gemstones are from my stash.

8 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Cathy I do like this card, it's all sp pretty in purple, you've done a lovely job on the image, and of course the papers are lovely and match well together, and those flowers are gorgeous. I do like working with them. You've done a marvelous job using Kimmi's sketch.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
Donna xx

Nancy said...

You have made a gorgeous card, Cathy:O) I love the wonderful colours, and the papers and flowers are beautiful! You have done a great take on Kimmi's sketch. Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week. Good luck!
Nancy;O)

crafty amy said...

Hiya Cathy,
I like the idea of using eye shaddow why not! and you distressing looks great I have not got the hang of this technique yet but every time I see cards like yours it inspires me to try again.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Nicola said...

Wowee Cathy, you sure have made a fab card from Kimmi´s sketch. I adore your image and wonderful colouring and I agree these papers from Bearly Mine cd´s are simply the best and I love your choice. Your flowers are awesome and I am still sat here giggling with you and 200 cards - have to admit I am the same myself.
Thank you for joining us again at "Stampin´for the Weekend" and we hope you will continue to play along with us.
Nicola xx

Kimmi said...

Hi Cathy
I love these colours. Your choice of papers from Donna's Cd are fab. I love the flowers you've used too! FSS has some fantastic downloads! Great take on my Sketch. I love that splashing maggie! So sweet!
Thank you for playing along this week at "Stampin' for the Weekend". We hope you had fun and that you come back again next week! Good Luck.

Kimmi

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! This is a beautiful card! I love the purples and your distressing is fab! It's good to be inventive and I also have my own distress technique!;) The image is adorable and I love the papres and the flowers.

Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! We hope you'll join us again next week. :)
Vanja

Vicki said...

oh eck, sounds like you have had a distressing time of it Cathy, but you have produced a beautiful card, so pretty 'n' purple. Those papers sure are yummy. You have done a fab job with colouring this lovely image, hey improvisation at it's best, I'd better dig out my old eyeshadows now, thanks for the tip. A wonderful job using Kimmi's sketch and thank for taking part with our challenge over at SFTW again this week, good luck xx vicki xx

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Cathy and I love the purple and lilac. Your image is so sweet and beautfully coloured.Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairexx